Professional Fertilization Service in Ankeny, Johnston, Urbandale, & Nearby Areas in Iowa
Our fertilization service will provide your lawn with essential nutrients throughout the year.
Everybody wants a healthy and beautiful lawn, but you can't just get one overnight. It takes a lot of work and constant care to achieve such a goal. At Ankeny Lawn & Landscapes, we offer a high-quality fertilization program that is designed to supply your lawn with the essential nutrients that it will need to grow strong and vibrant, such as nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. We offer 2 separate fertilizer programs to choose from in order to meet your individual needs.
We provide our services to residential, commercial, and HOA properties in Ankeny, Johnston, Urbandale, and surrounding areas throughout Iowa. Give us a call today at (515) 654-5447 to sign up for our fertilization program.
Choose a fertilization program that meets your needs.
Our company offers 2 different fertilization programs to ensure that you are getting exactly what you need to meet your lawn goals. Both programs include multiple treatments of fertilizer as well as pre- and post-emergent weed control applications.
Our Basic Turf Health Program includes 6 visits from our team:
- Early spring - This fertilizer treatment is designed to give your lawn a boost as it emerges from its winter dormancy. We will also apply pre-emergent weed control to get ahead of the germinating weed seeds underground.
- Late spring - This treatment will replenish the nutrients in your lawn as we head into the summer months. Additionally, we will apply another round of pre-emergent as well as our first round of post-emergent weed control.
- Early summer - We apply fertilizer in the summer to ensure that your lawn has enough nutrients to be able to withstand the heat that the summer months bring. We will also apply a post-emergent weed control treatment.
- Late summer - Our team will visit to apply post-emergent weed control to any actively growing weeds.
- Early fall - Our early fall fertilizer application is designed to replenish the nutrients that your grass has lost during the summer while also encouraging deep root development.
- Late fall - This is the time that we apply our winterizer treatment. This treatment will supply your lawn with enough nutrients so that it can survive the winter season.
If you want to go one step further for your lawn, you can sign up for our Standard Turf Health Program to include two additional treatments. The first additional treatment is preventative grub control and the second is an aeration treatment in the fall.
We tackle common weeds in the Ankeny area like creeping Charlie and foxtail!
Our fertilizer provides your lawn with essential nutrients.
In order for your grass to reach its full potential, it will require a constant supply of nutrients. The three most important nutrients that lawns need are nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. Our fertilizer is chalked full of these three nutrients and it will supply your lawn with the right amount of each one, depending on the time of the year. Each one of the nutrients serves a different purpose:
- Nitrogen - This is the nutrient that gives your grass its green color and helps it to grow thicker and fuller. It encourages the production of chlorophyll, which helps grass turn the solar energy from the sun into food, through a process known as photosynthesis.
- Phosphorus - This nutrient is vital to the growth of your grass. That's because it helps establish root growth and plant development. Without sufficient amounts of phosphorus, your grass won't be able to establish strong roots.
- Potassium - This essential nutrient benefits grass in numerous ways. It helps build thicker cell walls and strengthens the grass so that it can withstand conditions such as drought, heat, cold weather, and lawn diseases. Additionally, it also helps the grass to better absorb water and other nutrients, as well as helping it to synthesize proteins and starches.
Give us a call today to enroll in our fertilization program!
Ready to get the healthy and lush grass that you've always dreamed of? If so, it's time to enroll in our fertilization program. We offer this service to residential, commercial, and HOA properties in Ankeny, Johnston, Urbandale, and surrounding areas in Iowa. Give us a call today at (515) 654-5447 to sign up for our services.